A storm door can be a big relief when a family lives in an area with a difficult climate. These doors are responsible for preventing general damage to the home’s interior by avoiding the damage that a major storm can produce.
All those who need a storm door installed should have a budget between $250 and $800. It depends on the type of storm door the user chooses.
A standard mid-level option with few upgrades requires $350. Some people may need as much as $950 for a full-view door with many upgrades and tempered glass. If you want to learn more about this, pay attention to the different types of storm doors we will discuss.
And if you are on a budget and you already have a storm door installed, and all you need to do is to have it cleaned up, here’s our tip on how to clean old aluminum storm doors for you to save some money.
For questions such as how each storm door plays fair in the market nowadays regarding price and features, see the answer here!
Storm Door Types and Costs
Prices may increase or decrease depending on the characteristics of the main storm doors. Considering the type of door is important for a given installation budget.
- Mid-View: This option requires $150 to $250 to install. It usually incorporates a divided glass panel that provides coverage of most of the door surface. This allows a cat door to be installed for added convenience for a family.
- High-View: This type of door allows viewing through the top section. A budget of $150 to $250 is required. The solid base is maintained, while the top section features a glass panel. A flap can also be installed at the bottom for added pet comfort. (1)
- Full-View: The budget for this type of door starts at $200 and can go up to $450. A glass panel covers the entry door and it is a glass panel that is divided.
- Ventilating: This incorporates a glass panel that can be retracted and slid to one side to allow air to pass through. This improves a home’s airflow and provides greater family satisfaction. A budget of $300 to $500 may be needed.
- Security: This type of door can provide additional security for the family. It usually incorporates keyed locks and metal bars in its design. The budget needed starts at $350 and can go up to $700. It is a barrier that will protect all household members from the weather and intruders.
- Double: This door is twice the size of regular storm doors. Logically, the price is also double, occasionally requiring $600 up to $1000. The functionality of this type of door is similar to the previous doors.
Any storm doors we have mentioned can offer some protection against the harshest weather conditions. The options are more than ample for people’s varying budgets.
A security storm door can be one of the most comprehensive ways to protect a family. This type of door can protect in a variety of ways. While choosing one of the other options also provides added convenience to the home.
(1) glass panel – https://www.slideshare.net/feastriddle43/what-is-glass-panel
Were Sorry This Was Not Helpful!
Let Us Improve This Article!
Please Tell Us How We Can Improve This Article.