An aluminum storm door is usually the best choice when it comes to protecting a home’s interior from various harmful external elements. This type of door allows you to protect a home from rain, wind, dirt, and dust, among other things.
It is also a door that needs to be cleaned due to the great battery of elements and rust/salt/water it faces daily. It is possible to restore the original shine of these doors, putting an end to the aluminum’s dull and old appearance. There are aluminum cleaners are usually used.
Once you have everything you need, you can restore your aluminum storm door.
Cleaning of an aluminum storm door – Step by Step
1. Take a bucket of water and add two or three drops of dish soap. It is also important to have rubber gloves to perform the cleaning procedure more comfortably. Otherwise, it will be a rather uncomfortable procedure because you must deal with all the dirt on the door.
Create foam to perform a much more uniform and accurate cleaning in all parts of the door. To do this, shake the bucket of water with drops of dish detergent. Once the proper foam has been achieved, it’s possible to continue with the next step.
2. People who use a large sponge to wash the aluminum door have much faster and more efficient results. Different sponges can be used to get a much better result. If you are dealing with an aluminum storm door that is too deteriorated with a high level of dirt, you should choose the right sponge. (1)
Some eras incorporate special materials to offer a deeper level of cleaning. It would be best if you considered that the sponge does not have materials that are too hard to produce scratches on the aluminum door. Start cleaning the aluminum door using the sponge and water with dish soap.
A nylon brush can provide excellent results when dead insects or hardened stains are found. Although these stains are too difficult to remove, you are not recommended to use a steel wool pad. Perhaps this provides a more specific result, but it will also produce streaks on the surface.
3. For the rinsing procedure, the sponge should be thoroughly cleaned by removing all soapy water traces. Clean water should also remove any dirt and soap residue on the aluminum door. Some people may choose a much stronger and more efficient option.
A pressure washer could offer a highly efficient result if one chooses the water jet that is best suited for it. The person who removes the aluminum storm door could implement superior cleaning and rinsing. It also makes it possible to use the pressure washer without needing to fill the home with water.
4. Once the rinsing procedure is finished, the drying procedure should be continued. Under no circumstances is it advisable to leave the aluminum storm door with water droplets or wet parts. It could generate mold, fungus, or corrosion, such as rust. (2)
There are many ways to dry the door, but a popular option is using a rag to clean off any excess water and then leaving it in direct sunlight.
5. Once the aluminum storm door is completely dry, the aluminum cleaner can be added. Before incorporating this product, it is necessary to carefully read the instructions, which may vary between different aluminum cleaners available on the market.
Using more than the recommended amount could generate some corrosion on the door’s surface. The most important thing is to get the aluminum cleaner to restore the shine over the entire surface.
The required amount of aluminum cleaner should be added over the entire surface of the storm door. It should be more than enough to bring the aluminum door back to its new look.
6. Once you see a bright shine on the aluminum storm door, the cleaning procedure will be finished. This whole procedure does not always require much time and effort on the person’s part.
A soft cloth is usually more than enough to clean an aluminum storm door weekly. It allows for the removal of dirt and dust that could accumulate over time. It also prevents the aluminum storm door’s surface from becoming dull again.
Applying aluminum cleaner often lets you keep the aluminum surface’s shine as bright as the day you bought it. To keep the aluminum surface’s shine fully intact, we recommend you incorporate this type of cleaner once a month. When applying this product for the second time, a smaller amount of cleaner may be necessary.
This whole procedure is very simple to perform and requires very few products. The effort is not too great and allows an aluminum door to look as good as new.
Complete cleaning of an old aluminum door also renews a home’s interior and exterior look. Cleaning an old aluminum door can be much more important than people think.
(1) sponge – https://www.thespruce.com/types-of-cleaning-sponges-1900899
(2) fungus – https://www.britannica.com/science/fungus
Were Sorry This Was Not Helpful!
Let Us Improve This Article!
Please Tell Us How We Can Improve This Article.