People who want to eliminate blind spots in a home often get a mini camera. When they start using this device, they wonder what the best way to hide it in a nice concealed way is.
But before we proceed, here’s a mini camera guide for you to check and compare different models on, and a guide for how mini cameras work!
The following sites can be great spots for consideration:
- Bushes or trees: The device should be weatherproof.
- Aviaries or doorbells: This is a set of natural hiding places that nobody pays attention to.
- Windows: This site can be highly recommended due to the field of vision, although it reduces the night vision ability at night.
- Masked cameras: Some masks change their texture and colors to blend in with the environment.
- Luminaires: Luminaires can be chosen if the camera is heat resistant.
- Outdoor lights or PVC pipes: These sites are suitable if a camera is waterproof, although finding a good field of view is difficult.
- Plants or pots: Plants can be placed anywhere in the home, outside, and inside a house.
- In a plant: You can hide a small camera inside a fake plant or in a real plant with a large pot. Just position the plant where it can capture the desired footage.
- In a book: A small camera can be hidden inside a book and placed on a shelf or in a desk drawer. This can be a good option if you want to monitor an office or study covertly.
- In a clock: A camera can be hidden inside a clock or other decorative timepiece and placed on a wall or tabletop.
- In a lamp: You can hide a camera inside a lamp or other lighting fixture and position it in a room to capture footage.
- In a smoke detector: Some cameras are small enough to be hidden inside a smoke detector or other household device. Just make sure to choose a location where the camera will not be obstructed by furniture or other objects.
Some additional aspects of preventing a camera from being detected:
- A color scheme can be incorporated into the camera structure to blend in with surrounding objects.
- High-elevation sites are suitable for a wide field of view and a low probability of detection.
- The camera should be hidden in a secure location to avoid detection and avoid shock. A camera that is not secured in a high-altitude area could fall and break. (1)
- Use glue that is compatible with the camera material.
- Use paint for the camera structure except for the lens.
- Mount a camera near a power outlet for continuous remote surveillance.
1. Choosing the Ideal Place
Choosing the ideal location is one of the most challenging steps in the whole procedure. There is a great variety of places that people can choose from. The right place should have ample visibility at all times.
That means keeping an eye on a corner of the home is not the most appropriate. It would be best to consider who the people you want to monitor in a home are.
The different locations chosen for installing this camera can provide very different results. Those people who do not consider this aspect must move the mini spy camera several times until they get to the appropriate place.
High places are appropriate in the home since people do not look up constantly. The top of a wall or a tall piece of furniture may be the most appropriate.
2. Install the Camera
Once the location has been selected, installing the camera is easy. This procedure only consists of mounting the camera and turning it on, and it can be used from that moment on. Cameras may need an external power source, such as a power outlet.
3. Hiding the Mini Spy Camera
To hide the mini spy camera, you can use some everyday items. A plant is usually the best option to place the camera in the leaves. The same can be done by placing the camera in a bookcase or furniture surrounded by everyday decorative objects. (2)
The most important aspect is to hide the camera and divert the attention of anyone.
4. Testing the Camera
Once the camera has been correctly installed, you should test its operation. You need to turn on the camera and check that the videos obtained are of good quality.
It is good to call a third party who does not know that a camera has been installed in the home to try to find it. The primary user will check whether or not the camera can be detected at first sight.
(1) high-altitude – https://www2.palomar.edu/anthro/adapt/adapt_3.htm
(2) furniture – https://www.britannica.com/topic/list-of-furniture-and-furniture-styles-2069522
Were Sorry This Was Not Helpful!
Let Us Improve This Article!
Please Tell Us How We Can Improve This Article.