- Night owl 3.0 Security camera Manual
- Why is the Manual important?
- How to reset my night owl DVR password?
- How can I delete the recordings of night owl DVR?
- How do I delete videos from HDD on the Night Owl camera?
- Night owl 8 channel DVR manual
- Wrapping Up
One of the most purchased security cameras in the market is the night owl security camera, thanks to its incredibly advanced technology. Besides amazing night vision, the night owl security camera also has dual sensors and smartphone control access.
Installers of security cameras usually start debugging an issue by reading the night owl security camera manual guide as this guide eases and speeds up the installation process.
Night owl 3.0 Security camera Manual
This guide is rich with important information that will guide you to install your camera easily. The manual will also assist you with some tips on troubleshooting, so you may solve some issues by yourself. However, if you can’t fix your issue by yourself, you can always get help from professional technicians. Here is a download link to the night owl 3.0 manual.
Why is the Manual important?
As a professional installer, you should be able to install security cameras in a way that allows your customers to enjoy maximum benefits. A security camera can be a complete waste if you can’t get the installation right. You should know how to set the night owl security camera up, install it and manage it so you can teach your clients how to handle it in your absence.
Here are a couple of reasons why you should read the manual.
1. It Gives You Access To Priceless Information
The night owl DVR manual provides all the information you need about the security camera. We are talking about the kind of information you cannot find online, no matter how much you research. The night owl manual provides detailed information about the camera’s features, usability, and functionality.
2. It Makes your Product Research A Lot Easier
If you are a professional security camera installer who loves to dig deep about a product, get a hold of the night owl security camera owner’s manual. It is designed to deliver in-depth knowledge of the night owl security camera.
3. It Gives What A Brochure Cannot
Some professionals argue that they don’t need a night owl security camera owner’s manual while they can read the brochure. They forget that brochures are not enough. Having access to detailed information about the product and its usage, its pros and cons, and its various aspects give you an upper hand over other professionals.
4. It’s Cost-Effective
The night owl manual is affordable in terms of the money you spend on it and the time it saves you.
How to reset my night owl DVR password?
Did you forget the password of your Night Owl DVR? Follow these easy instructions below to securely and quickly reset the password of your device without needing to contact support.
Option 1 – Do password reset using the App
Remember – Make sure the NVR / DVR is switched on and has an internet connection so it can get a new password when you change it.
If you don’t remember your DVR password and are signed in to the NVR / DVR with the Night Owl Protect app credentials, you can simply reset the password using the app. Here are the steps. (1)
- Launch the NOP application on your smartphone.
- Click “Forgot password” on the login screen.
- A temporary code will be sent to your email address used on the Protect App.
- Enter the one-time code.
- Create your new password then verify it.
6. Click on “Save Password.”
7. Now you can sign in to your NVR / DVR with the new password.
Option 2: Reset the Password with Our Secure Web Portal
If you don’t have an internet connection to the NVR / DVR or you do not like to use the protect app, you may reset your password using our secure password reset portal. Here are the steps:
- Tap on “Forgot password” on the NVR / DVR sign-in screen.
- Visit com/NOProtect
- Sign in or create a new ID
4. Register your DVR if you haven’t done it already
5. Tap on “View Details”
6. On this “Device Details” page, tap on “Reset Code”
7. Follow the instructions provided to reset the password.
How can I delete the recordings of night owl DVR?
You may delete your recording from your Night Owl DVR one at a time or remove all recordings at once without delay. Here are the steps:
- Tap the button “Menu” on your remote and choose the DVR icon.
- You can alternately tap the button “My DVR” on your remote control.
- Choose My Recordings
- Tap on the arrows to choose the recordings you want to delete.
- Tap OK to launce the recording description
- Choose the icon “Delete” and tap OK to delete the recording
- You may also choose the exclamation sign icon to configure the deletion priority, which allows you, extra options, such as erasing the recording when the DVR needs more space.
How do I delete videos from HDD on the Night Owl camera?
- Choose the button “Settings” on the toolbar you will find at the bottom of the screen.
- The Settings page shows all the devices you’ve configured. Click on the blue settings button that is next to the HDD of the device you like to format.
- Click on the tab Disk Management from the left side toolbar
- The Disk Management page enables you to format the Hard Drive. The HDD will be labeled by the number 1 which is available in the column “ID”. In case the status field shows “Recording”, you don’t have to format the HDD and you may exit the settings page. If the status field shows “NO HDD”, carry on to step 5 to finish the formatting procedure.
- Highlight the button you’ll find on the format column to select the HDD you want to format.
- You can choose formatting options in the tab “Overwrite”. By Day, By Capacity, or Never. Choose the format option you need and carry on to press the format button with silver color to format the HDD. Once you choose the format option you should click on the “Apply” button to save the settings. (2)
Night owl 8 channel DVR manual
The most important thing you must do before buying an 8-channel Night Owl DVR is to ensure that the device you buy comes with an instruction manual.
Not all DVR devices for business and home come with a total DVR guide, which will instruct you on how you can install the system.
Also, it is good to consider purchasing a camera that offers unlimited technical support for free, in case you have any questions or you’re faced with a problem. (3)
The night owl manual simplifies your life as a professional security cameras installer. Pay for a night owl manual instead of hopping from one website to another, searching for answers to the numerous questions you have. A user manual gives you all the answers you want on a single page.
You may check below other night owl learning and product guides. Until our next article!
(1) app credentials – https://developers.arcgis.com/documentation/mapping-apis-and-services/security/application-credentials/
(2) format the HDD – https://www.bu.edu/comtech/students/technical-guides/hardware/how-to-format-hard-drives/
(3) technical support – https://www.thebalancecareers.com/tech-support-skills-list-2063774
Were Sorry This Was Not Helpful!
Let Us Improve This Article!
Please Tell Us How We Can Improve This Article.