You pull out your Samsung device to record a special occasion, but the instant you open the camera, you’re disappointed. You notice an error “security policy restricts camera” rather than the camera app.
You can fix the camera security policy in your device by:
- Looking for third party Apps
- Cleaning the camera data
- A Factory Reset
Let me show you the complete guide on how to fix the security policy that restricts the use of camera issues, so you don’t miss another moment.
Top 3 Troubleshooting Error
Many mobile devices have begun to notice a security policy that restricts the use of cameras how to fix notifications when using the camera app. The problem has mostly been reported on Samsung phones.
How to fix security policy restricts the use of cameras?
It’s vital to understand the possible sources of the mistake before resolving it.
#1. Look for third-party apps that are interfering with the camera’s operation.
As per the error message, the security policy restricts the camera from operating. It indicates that a third-party program has gained access to the camera security policy permissions, preventing the camera app from functioning. (1)
Steps to see if an app is accessing your phone’s security policy:
- Go to the device’s icon.
- Scroll down and select Biometrics and security. (2)
- Select Other security options.
- Select Device admin applications.
- To disable the application’s access, press the toggle button.
- Deactivate the option by clicking on it.
If somehow the issue persists, try restarting your phone in standby mode and accessing your camera. But if you’re still unable to use the camera, I suggest putting your device in safe mode to go and see if you can use it without the issue which we would know if the camera works fine in safe mode.
A wrong program might infiltrate your mobile and disable the camera in rare instances. It is where Samsung’s safe mode comes in useful. The software disables all third-party programs in safe mode and if such apps prohibit your camera from running.
Steps to enable Safe Mode:
- Tap your device’s power button until the power off menu displays.
- Hold the power off button.
- Select Safe mode.
It will reset your smartphone and make all third-party programs unavailable. Just restart your device to quit safe mode.
#2. Cleaning the camera data
Another cause of this problem might be inaccurate data in the camera app, which prevents the app from operating correctly. We will correct these issues, and hopefully, your camera will be operational.
You must enable developer settings on your program to clear camera data on your device.
Steps to clear data on your camera:
- Click on the device’s settings.
- Scroll down and click on Developer settings.
- Select Quick settings developer tiles.
- Toggle the sensor off button.
- Return to Settings and select Apps.
- Select Camera.
- Go to the storage
- Select Clear data and Clear cache
- Return to Camera App Settings and choose Permissions.
- Confirm that the app has all the permissions, and if not, activate all licenses.
After completing the procedures outlined above, restart your device and restore the camera app. If not, you will need to do a factory reset on your device.
#3. Factory reset your device.
If the problems continue, your only alternative is to reset your device.
Steps to Factory data reset
- Click on the device’s settings.
- Select General management.
- Click the Reset button.
- Click to Factory data reset.
Before you factory reset your device, create a backup of all your data on a local PC so that you can store all the data again.
You know all the issues that can cause the error message security policy restricting the use of camera how to fix it. However, contact a customer service representative if the camera application still does not work after doing all of these changes.
Check out below other learning guides that you might be interested to read. Until our next article!
- What can cause fuzzy security camera
- Are 4k security cameras worth it
- How much data does a wifi security camera use
(1) third-party program – https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/t/thirpart.htm
(2) Biometrics – https://www.kaspersky.com/resource-center/definitions/biometrics
Were Sorry This Was Not Helpful!
Let Us Improve This Article!
Please Tell Us How We Can Improve This Article.