There are a huge number of security cameras with different features. Many people look for 4k security cameras because they can provide the highest-quality image resolution. It is necessary to have a large amount of memory because it is a resolution that includes many details and is reflected in its massive size file outputs.
Check out the best 4k security camera system guide here.
How a 4k security camera works
We should mention that a large amount of memory is required for each minute recorded in 4k quality. The final result may vary depending on the specifications of a particular security camera. The amount of storage required is very high.
Three hundred eighteen gigabytes are required to obtain one hour of 4k recording. When 25 hours of recording are required, then 7.76 TB is needed. This amount of memory is very high in general. (1)
It is also necessary to consider that the user might need to store some backup copies of the recorded videos. From the amount of memory for 25 hours, we should multiply this number by 2 or 3.
Other options can be much more affordable. Other cameras with smaller detail need 42 gigabytes for one hour of recording. When 25 hours of recording is required,, the memory should be around 1TB.
It is also necessary to multiply this number by 2 or 3 when one or two backups are required. The storage will need to be very comprehensive, although the results can be very convenient due to a large amount of detail in each minute of the 4k recording.
You may want to check these guides to help you understand more about the 4k security system cameras; Are 4k security cameras worth it? And what security camera is better 1080p or 4k?
24 hours of video recording
The total amount of memory required for 24 hours of video recording depends on the number of details and the type of security camera. We can take as a reference the camera of some smartphones.
- 720p: When using this resolution, a camera means much less detail than 4k resolution. We can consider 30 frames per second because it is the most common with this resolution. Anyone will need approximately 3460 GB. This large memory is not very easy to get these days.
- 1080p: The moment you choose this type of resolution with 60 frames per second, the amount of memory increases significantly. It would be necessary to have 7776 GB.
This amount of memory can only be achieved on one computer. It is very difficult to have a single file of such a large size. People often choose to cut a video into different parts.
- 4k and 60 FPS: We want to know how much memory storage is required for this resolution. The amount of memory required with 60 frames per second is always higher than only 30 frames per second. Some estimates calculate that 34560 GB must be available. This is a huge amount of memory. (2)
Features of a 4k security camera
A security camera with 4k resolution requires a large amount of storage. There are several advantages that users can take advantage of with this type of camera. We will mention some of these advantages to better understand the 4k security camera system.
- Image clarity: It seems obvious, but it is necessary to consider that the clarity of images obtained with 4k resolution videos is exceptional. People generally prefer 4k resolution in a security camera or a simple movie. A much more realistic experience can be obtained with this image resolution.
- Digital zoom: 4k security cameras can provide a digital zoom quality far superior to other types of cameras. It is possible to detect any detail within the field of view of a security camera. The most common use is in detecting the faces of criminals attempting to enter a home. There are many more uses.
- Wide-angle viewing: A 4k security camera can provide great wide-angle viewing. The security camera can cover a larger area. That is why a 4k security camera can provide excellent results when installed in an outdoor environment.
- Infrared night vision: Since the security camera’s resolution is higher, the infrared night vision quality will also be higher. This makes detecting all kinds of targets and strange behaviors at night much easier.
- Video analysis: As we have seen, a large amount of memory is required to store the videos from a 4k security camera. It is possible to obtain a large video analysis capacity. This is specifically because 4k resolution videos can offer much detail.
- Simple installation: The fact that these are high-resolution security cameras does not mean that the installation is too complex. Today’s best options usually provide an installation that only takes a few seconds as it is plug-and-play. The user does not waste too much time on it.
- Other features: Remote viewing on a 4k security camera is another key feature thanks to its high resolution, but because of the larger size, there may be some lag depending on your internet connection. A camera of this type can also include other basic features, such as a vandal-resistant and weatherproof design.
Having a 4k security camera requires a large budget for a lot of memory. This type of security camera can provide more than adequate results.
In 4k resolution videos, it is possible to enjoy great detail. When talking about a security camera, the high level of detail is one of the most important aspects. The protection and security of a home or office will be more adequate.
(1) TB – https://www.britannica.com/story/what-comes-after-terabyte
(2) FPS – https://www.techsmith.com/blog/frame-rate-beginners-guide/
Were Sorry This Was Not Helpful!
Let Us Improve This Article!
Please Tell Us How We Can Improve This Article.